Plastic & Rubber Materials
Plastic and rubber materials are available in many forms and are suitable for a range of industrial and commercial applications. The engineering materials are typically used to manufacture mechanical parts to help with vibration, shock, abrasion, corrosion and noise.
Browse through RS extensive range of plastic and rubber materials that will be able to aid you on your engineering and industrial projects. Below describes the range of products we actually stock and supply to our customers.
Types of Rubber Sheeting
- Natural rubber sheets have superb mechanical qualities They're soft and supple with great resistance to abrasion, corrosion and tearing.
- Ethylene Polypropylene (EPDM) rubber sheets combine very strong resistance to UV light, ozone and oxidants. Good performance against acids, weak alkalis and brake fluid.
- Nitrile rubber sheets is a synthetic material that excels in applications where solvents, fuels oils and greases are a factor.
- Silicone rubber sheets are among the most popular in pharmaceutical and medical environments, due to low permeability and high heat tolerance.
- Polyethylene rubber sheets are high-density, closed-cell foam products for lightweight strength and buoyancy, Widely used in transport and logistics as protective materials
- Neoprene rubber sheets Resistant to mineral oils, petroleum products and greases, acids/alkalis. Used in outdoor applications, with a strong performance against weathering, ageing and UV exposure cracking.
- Fluorocarbon rubber sheets are resistant to mineral oils, fuels, non-polar solvents, including high aromatic and chlorinated types, and ours are chemical-grade at operating temperatures of -18C to +204C.
Plastic Rods, Sheets and Tubes
- Solid plastic sheets are available in a range of different plastics including Polycarbonate, PVC, Nylon and laminated plastics.
- Perforated plastic sheets are available with a variety of hole diameters and patterns, considerably lighter and easier to install than metal sheet as well as being more resistant to corrosion.
- Plastic rods are available in a range of plastics in different lengths, diameters and colours. Plastic rods are used for professional, domestic and hobbyist applications.
- Round and square plastic tubing is offered in a choice of diameters, densities, hardness and tensile strength ratings, lamination materials, and maximum operating temperatures.
Guides & Articles
This guide provides insight into the types of workplace hazards that can occur and the legal requirements needed to ensure common hazards are prevented.Prevent Workplace Hazards