Lighting Junction Box
Lighting Junction Boxes are used in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Lighting Junction Boxes are one of the most common types of electrical enclosure as they are used to house the wires from an electrical circuit used for lighting. They are a popular choice as they are long lasting, easy to set up, and protect a variety of cables in an electrical circuit.
RS offer an extensive selection of Lighting Junction Boxes from industry-leading brands including Hensel, MK Electric and of course RS PRO.
How does a Lighting Junction Box work?
A lighting junction box provides points on entry for lighting & electrical cables and keeps them safe from accidents, neighbouring materials and vandalism. They act as a connector to a pattress and in a lot of cases can be found installed behind a downlighter. The most effective junction boxes for lighting have a current rating of 20A or 30A. Some key features include
- Extremely long life
- High efficiency
- Low power requirements
- Easy to install and maintain
- Safe and convenient
What are the different types available?
- Various modes of cable entry such as M20 Knock Out & Selective Entry
- Made from Thermoplastic material
- Splashproof, weatherproof, and waterproof with ingress protection ratings including IP2X, IP66, and IP67.
- Lengths range from 88mm to 98mm
- Widths range from 88mm to 98mm.
- Available in black, grey and white