Stainless Steel Pipes
Stainless steel pipes are used to carry substances such as natural gas, oil, steam and water. These pipes can be threaded or unthreaded and are widely used in gas and oil industries.Threaded stainless steel pipes are screwed into a threaded fitting whereas unthreaded pipes slide inside the fitting and are often secured with solder.
Stainless steel pipes vary in their ranges for pressure, temperature, and anticipated weight. It is essential that you consider these factors when purchasing pipes in order to ensure that they can carry out the duties expected of them.
What do stainless steel pipes do?
Steel pipes are safe, durable and hard wearing. Some coatings can extend the life of the steel pipework by preventing the build-up of rust. Steel pipes can be formed into various shapes, bends and curves. With the addition of steel connections, joints and fittings the pipework can be utilised in almost any industrial set-up. Steel and stainless steel pipes are primarily used in applications that require the safe delivery of gases or liquids under pressure. Galvanised tube can also be used for handrail systems in schools, factories and public buildings.
Stainless steel pipes applications
Most industries must transport liquids, gas or air under pressure. Some of the most common applications are;
- Transportation of water and waste underground
- Boiler and condenser tubes-steam
- Chemical processing
- Galvanised tube -Hand and guide rail systems
BSPT (British standard pipe thread) sometimes denoted with the letter R
What are stainless steel pipes used for?
They are used in many different fields, including the food, beverage, dairy, brewing, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. Stainless steel is easily cleaned and sanitised, which makes these pipes an ideal choice when strict hygiene standards need to be adhered to. Their ability to withstand high temperatures makes them ideal for industries where heat or warmer conditions are a key factor.
Unthreaded pipes can also be threaded by a professional (at a hardware store, for instance) in order to fit with threaded connectors or otherwise meet your needs.
- Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings
- RS PRO Stainless Steel Pipe 8mm Nominal Outer Diameter
- RS PRO Galvanised BSPT 3/4in Threaded Stainless Steel Pipe 26.4mm...
- RS PRO Galvanised BS21 32mm Threaded Steel & Stainless Steel Pipe...
- RS PRO Stainless Steel Pipe 6mm Nominal Outer Diameter
- Parker Stainless Steel Pipe 3/8in Nominal Outer Diameter
- RS PRO Stainless Steel Pipe 3in Nominal Outer Diameter
- RS PRO BSPT 1in Stainless Steel Pipe 33.24mm Nominal Outer Diameter