Frequency counters are a type of electronic instrument used for measuring frequencies, most commonly in terms of number of oscillations (pulses) per second across a periodic electronic signal. Tektronix is one of our leading brands in signal generator and analysis technology.
Why choose a Tektronix frequency counter?
- Tektronix is a leading measurement insight company with a global reputation for build quality and accuracy
- The brand has been committed to developing and manufacturing high performance frequency counters and other measurement equipment for more than 70 years, and now operates worldwide from premises in 21 countries
- Tektronix measurement products are designed in house, with the aim of combining the latest technological advances with ever greater ease, speed and accuracy of use
- Today, the brand is a go-to name for professional scientists, engineers and technicians across a great many demanding industries and sectors
- Typical settings in which you might find professionals using Tektronix frequency counters might include healthcare, communications, automotive and aerospace engineering
These frequency counters are impressively straightforward to use. After turning the counter on and applying the signal to the input, they'll deliver accurate readouts across many different signal types - ranging from digital logic signals to RF (radio frequency) and microwaves - depending on the model that best suits your specific needs and application.
Common uses of a Tektronix frequency counter in everyday modern workplaces and engineering environments might include:
- Measuring the frequency of a transmitter carrier
- Measuring the frequency of an oscillator in a circuit
- Measure the frequency of a signal on a line
- Any application where the frequency of a steady repetitive signal needs to be measured