Eaton Emergency Stop Buttons
Stop workflow instantly and protect your people and equipment with an emergency stop button from Eaton.
As its name suggests an emergency stop button, also often called an e-stop, is a fail-safe control switch that cuts the power supply to your machinery immediately when pressed. These devices are used to ensure safety of the person using the machinery and guard the equipment against damage by halting workflow quickly when there is a sudden issue.
To reduce risk of injury or broken equipment, all machinery should have an e-stop. These buttons are typically red with a yellow background, making them a bright and easily identifiable solution.
What are the types of Emergency Stops?
Three of the most common emergency stops you'll find are:
- Push-pull: The button is pushed in to stop and released by pulling the button back
- Twist release: The button is pushed in to stop and released by twisting the button
- Key release: The button is pushed in to stop and only released with a key
Foot and palm buttons have a large actuator surface and are also tamper-proof. They can be actuated by using the foot or hand and their simple design makes for a quick response. These types of switches are ideal for harsh environment installations.
Position switches provide a link to the emergency stop actuating element. They are highly dependable, and are easy and quick to fit. They can also be used in a broad range of applications.
Where are e-stops used?
Emergency stop push buttons are found in many industries including commercial applications, public facilities, and often in industrial environments where hazardous machinery is frequently used. They need to be clearly visible for anyone operating the equipment. You can also install multiple e-stop buttons on one machine or control panel depending on what part of the device must be stopped.
For more information on Push Buttons check out our Guide to Emergency Stop Buttons by Eaton.
- Emergency Stop Push Buttons
- Eaton Series Pull Release Emergency Stop Push Button 22mm Cutout IP69K
- Eaton Emergency Stop Label for Use with Pushbuttons, Arrêt...
- The Ultimate Guide to Emergency Stop Buttons by Eaton
- Eaton Series Latching Emergency Stop Push Button IP67
- Eaton RMQ Titan Series Latching Emergency Stop Push Button IP67
- Eaton RMQ Titan Series Pull to Release Emergency Stop Push Button IP69K
- Eaton RMQ Titan Series Pull to Release Emergency Stop Push Button...