- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
View all Thermocouples
Available to back order for despatch 04/12/2023
- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
Legislation and Compliance
- COO (Country of Origin):
RS PRO Grounded Junction Brake Pad Thermocouple, Type J
Introducing the range of RS PRO Brake Pad Thermocouples, designed to be embedded into brake pads for temperature measurement. They have been designed with a grounded sensing junction for fast and accurate response and measurement, as well as include a 1 m fibreglass insulated, stainless steel overbraid cable that is attached to the stainless-steel thermocouple tip using a high temperature, ceramic-based sealant for optimum reliability.
Features and Benefits:
- This range of RS PRO Brake Pad Temperature Sensors have been designed for monitoring brake pad temperatures up to +400°C and to deliver high performance temperature measurements reliably and consistently
- The thermocouple has a grounded junction and a 1 m fibreglass insulated flat pair of cables with a stainless steel overbraid for added reliability
- Available as Type K and J Thermocouples
- All sensors in the range have a 4 mm tip length and are available with 6 mm, 4 mm or 3.2 mm tip diameters
Brake Pad Thermocouple sensors are devices that are embedded into the brake pads of a vehicle to test the temperature of the brake pad. They are most commonly used in:
- Research and development
- Motorsports testing
- Manufacturing, engineering and production environments
What other thermocouples are included in this range?
How does a Thermocouple Work?
A thermocouple is a sensor used to measure temperature in a range of different processes and consists of two wire legs made from different metals joined together at their two ends to form two junctions. The hot junction, also known as the measuring junction, is connected to the body whose temperature is going to be measured, while the cold junction or reference junction is connected to a body of known temperature. When the measuring junction is placed on something hot a voltage or potential difference between this and the reference junction occurs. This voltage can then be converted into a temperature measurement using thermocouple reference tables. This process is also known as the Seebeck Effect.
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO is our own brand range and brings you a wide range of high-quality, great value products offering you more choice. Trusted by engineers all over the world, every part of every RS PRO product has been rigorously tested against demanding industry standards
theyre only given the RS PRO seal of approval if were confident of their exceptional quality, which means you can be confident too.
|Maximum Temperature Sensed||+400°C|
|Termination Type||Bare Wire Tail|