Legislation and Compliance
- COO (Country of Origin):
The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is an effective and simple educational kit designed to introduce coding & programmable robotics to young people. Engineered for secondary school-age students, the SPIKE Prime set merges colourful LEGO Education building pieces, hardware and drag and drop coding language based on Scratch, rendering it perfect for new starters to advanced coders.
The LEGO Spike Prime set is the ideal STEAM educational tool for students. SPIKE Prime combines curriculum-based STEAM lessons with LEGO bricks, a programmable multi-port Hub, and Scratch-based and Python coding languages. Therefore, it is easy for a student to learn how to build a robot in a fun and engaging way.
The set is suitable for children aged 10 years +.
- Sturdy storage box with sorting trays
- Programmable Hub
- 528 LEGO elements in a fresh colour palette
- Distance Sensor
- Force Sensor
- Colour Sensor
- Large Motor
- 2 Medium Motors
- 5´5 Light Matrix
- 6 input/output Ports
- Integrated 6-axis gyro
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Rechargeable Battery
- The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays keep setup and clean-up time to a minimum, and the smaller trays are ideal for when desk space is limited.
- The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ App offers a simple introduction to programming with intuitive word-block coding based on Scratch. Then, as students build their skills, they can explore text-based coding with Python.
- In addition to the Getting Started material, the SPIKE App comes with 5-unit plans of standards-aligned STEAM content focussing on data science, engineering, and computer science optimised for 45-minute classes.
- Supported by a comprehensive competency-based professional development program that equips teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to facilitate meaningful STEAM learning experiences, empowering students to succeed.
- The SPIKE Prime set is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Build HAT.
- Understand and apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
- Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills by breaking down problems and practising logical thinking.
- Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
- Work with variables, data arrays, and web-based third-party data.
|Robot Kit Type
|1 - 4
|5 - 9