Infrared heaters produce a form of radiant heat. They work by converting electricity into inferred energy. This energy is passed through the air and is directed onto surfaces and objects which in turn, heats the room. Infrared heaters are more efficient than convection or fan heaters as they heat surfaces rather than heating the air in a room.
RS offer a great selection of Infrared heaters from industry-leading brands including Dimplex, Broughton Knightsbridge and of course RS PRO.
What are the different types of Infrared Heater?
Infrared panels are a quick and efficient way to heat up a room. They are cheaper to run than traditional heating systems. Infrared heating panels are easy to install and are practically maintenance-free. They are typically wall mounted but can also be fixed to the ceiling. Slim in design infrared heating panels are perfect for rooms with limited space.
Ceiling Infrared Heaters
Ceiling infrared heaters hang down from the ceiling and look very similar to a standard light fitting. They are ideal for rooms with high ceilings such as workshops and garages. As they are suspended from the ceiling their heat can be directed toward the floor. This makes them more efficient as they provide a more direct source of heat and also reduce heat loss.
Infrared Wall Heaters
Wall-mounted infrared heaters come in various types, such as infrared panels and patio heaters. They are versatile and can be used both indoors and outdoors. Patio heaters use radiant heat and provide a very quick and localised heat source.
- Heaters & Radiators
- RS PRO 300W Infrared Infrared Heater Wall Mounted, Type C - European Plug
- RS PRO 800W Infrared Infrared Heater Wall Mounted, Type C - European Plug
- RS PRO 400W Infrared Infrared Heater Wall Mounted, Type C - European Plug
- RS PRO 600W Infrared Infrared Heater Wall Mounted, Type C - European Plug
- Knightsbridge 1.3kW Infrared Infrared Heater Type G - British 3-pin
- SIP 2kW Infrared Infrared Heater UK
- 2kW Infrared Infrared Heater Wall Mounted, Type F - Schuko plug