What are Storage Boxes?
Storage boxes are great way to store or transport things safely and efficiently. They are also a great solution for organising clutter with the added bonus of being reusable. Storage Boxes can be used for multiple purposes in various applications in the home, office or in a factory.
Plastic storage boxes come in a wide range of sizes from 1.2L all the way up to 162L and are available in Heavy-duty plastic for heavier items and extra protection. The range of Storage Boxes RS have to offer are also available in numerous colours with the option to be vented or stackable. For more information, please see our storage boxes guide.
Types of storage boxes
- Euro Containers, also known as a KLT box, is a stackable storage container. It conforms to the VDA 4500 standard. These heavy-duty containers are popular in manufacturing and distribution applications.
- Foldable crates and baskets are ideal for transporting items and then folding flat for easy storage when not in use.
- Stackable storage boxes can be nested on top of one another, requiring less space.
- Heavy duty boxes are great for tough environments and protecting valuable items.
- Tote boxes are stackable boxes with hinged lids which are used in distribution.
- Storage trays are usually nestable and feature an opening for access while stacked.
What sizes of Storage Box are available?
Storage boxes come in various sizes and colours which makes them a great choice for storing in any industry. We offer the following sizes:
- Small - up to 15 litres
- Medium - 16 to 35 litres
- Large - 36 to 80 litres
- Extra large - 81 litres and over
Storage boxes with lids:
Some storage tubs and trays do not come with a lid but for those that do, there are a several different types of lid:
- Attached lid containers - also known as Tote boxes, feature two hinged lids which interlock in the centre.
- Removable lids – Removable lids are common in household storage boxes and can be removed completely. In most cases they are also stackable.
- Hinged lids – Hinged lids are attached to the storage box which can be convenient when you need an all-in-one solution. They can be fully opened, or they may open one half.
Browse the broad range of Storage Boxes RS have to offer and order today for next day delivery.