- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
View all RTD Sensors
12 In stock - FREE next working day delivery available
- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
Legislation and Compliance
- COO (Country of Origin):
RS PRO PRT PT100 Probe with Hirschmann Connector
Introducing the range of RS PRO high quality Platinum Resistance Thermometer (PRT) PT100 Probes with Hirschmann Connector, ideal as a heavy-duty and high-accuracy solution for temperature measurement. The probe and 1m PVC cable has a robust construction, suitable for use in harsh environments like industrial or commercial settings, whilst ensuring highly accurate and reliable measurements, while being versatile enough to use in a wide range of applications.
Features and Benefits:
- This range of RS PRO PRT PT100 probes are ideal for high-accuracy and reliable temperature measurements in a wide range of environments
- Each sensor has a wide operating temperature range: -50 °C to +250°C with a 6mm probe diameter
- The probe is made from rigid 316 corrosion resistant stainless steel for protection of the sensing element
- Designed to meet IP65, providing protection from total dust ingress and limited ingress from low pressure water jets from any direction
- Conforms to IEC60751 standards
- Class A, 3 wire connection with a Hirschmann type connector to DIN EN 175 301-803-A
- A range of probe lengths available
PRT sensor probes are known for their robust design meaning they are ideal for use in many general purpose industrial and commercial applications where accurate temperature measurement and monitoring is key and essential in ensuring equipment is functioning correctly. These sensor probes are often used in the following areas:
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Chemical industry
- Plastics processing
- Stoves and grills
- Air, gas and liquid temperature measurement
- Exhaust gas temperature measurement
- Food processing
What other probes are included in this range?
What is a PT100 Probe?
A PT100 probe is the most rugged form of RTD. The PT100 sensor element is mounted inside a metal sheath or probe which protects it from being damaged by the surrounding environment when it is inserted into the process to be measured. The other end of the probe is terminated by an insulated lead comprising of 4 wire tails which are connected to the temperature measuring equipment.
How Does a PRT Temperature Sensor Work?
The PRT temperature sensor works by placing the sensor element (or process end) into the equipment or process that requires temperature measurement. As the temperature of the platinum resistance thermometer increases its resistance to the flow of electricity increases. For every increase per degree of temperature the electrical resistance also changes by a set ratio, this is called the temperature coefficient. For platinum, this ratio is .00385 ohm/ohm/°C which means for a Pt100 with a 100-ohm resistance the increase in resistance per degree of temperature would be 0.385 ohms. The total resistance reading can, therefore, be measured and converted into temperature.
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO is our own brand range and brings you a wide range of high-quality, great value products offering you more choice. Trusted by engineers all over the world, every part of every RS PRO product has been rigorously tested against demanding industry standards
theyre only given the RS PRO seal of approval if were confident of their exceptional quality, which means you can be confident too.
|Minimum Temperature Sensed||-50°C|
|Maximum Temperature Sensed||+250°C|
|Probe Material||316 Stainless Steel|
|Number Of Wires||3|