- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
View all Heat Shrink Tubing
262 In stock - FREE next working day delivery available
40 available from Europe for delivery within 1 working day(s).
- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
Legislation and Compliance
- COO (Country of Origin):
RS PRO Heat Shrink Tubing, 3:1/4:1 Ratio
Introducing the range of high-quality RS PRO Heat Shrink Tubing, an easy-to-use solution for general-purpose heat shrink applications. Each tube is made from flexible Polyolefin with a low shrink temperature of 80˚C and a high shrink ratio of 3:1/4:1, shrinking to 3/4 times its original diameter, making it ideal for covering irregular or awkward shapes and creating a tight seal with excellent adhesive properties. This tubing can be used in various environments to repair wires and where waterproofing is required.
Features and Benefits:
- This range of high-quality RS PRO heat shrinks are flexible and versatile for a range of general-purpose heat shrink applications and offer have a high shrinkage ratio, shrinking to 3 or 4 times its original diameter, making them ideal for larger, irregular shapes
- Thanks to the Polyolefin material, they are flame-retardant and offer excellent electrical insulation with waterproof and chemically resistant properties, suitable for harsh environments
- Its a cost-effective and all in one solution for technicians who require access to different types of heat shrinks
- Operating temperature range of -45 to +110°C
- Low heat shrink temperature of 80°C (minimum)
- Available in a selection of different sizes to work with a wide range of applications
Heat shrink tubing is a type of extruded plastic tubing that can be cut to size and fitted over a wire or cable joint to protect and insulate the connection. When heat is applied, the tubing shrinks permanently, providing a protective seal. These polyolefin heat shrinkable tubes are very versatile and are used in both commercial and industrial applications for protecting and sealing cable joints and in-line components such as disconnect terminals and wire splices. They can also be used to carry out repairs on existing worn or torn cable or wiring insulation. Heat shrinks are commonly used for:
- Electrical insulation
- Environmental protection against moisture, dust, and chemicals
- Mechanical protection to wires and small parts from abrasion
- Mechanical strain relief on cable and connector joints to prevent damage caused by flexing or bending
- Bundling and organizing harness wires, cable, and tubing
- Colour coded identification of cables, wires, and component
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO is our own brand range and brings you a wide range of high-quality, great value products offering you more choice. Trusted by engineers all over the world, every part of every RS PRO product has been rigorously tested against demanding industry standards
theyre only given the RS PRO seal of approval if were confident of their exceptional quality, which means you can be confident too.
|Sleeve Type||Heat Shrink Tubing|