Please browse our extensive range of miniature circuit breakers (MCBs), brought to you by our partner brand and technology giant ABB. ABB's innovative MCBs are manufactured to the highest quality without compromising safety and expertise. The MCBs supplied by ABB ensure electrical safety in domestic buildings, as well as industrial applications, by protecting electrical installations from short circuits and overloads.
ABB are global market leaders in the technology field and aim to transform society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. ABB is a global giant and has a history stretching back more than 130 years. The business succeeds by connecting its software to its electrification, robotics, automation, and motion portfolio. With the ABB name behind them, you can be sure that any purchase from their range of MCBs will be a fantastic investment.
What are some of the benefits of buying an MCB from ABB?
- ABB MCB's are compact and save space and time thanks to the unique bottom-fixing auxiliary contact
- They are IP20 rated for finger safety
- They promote productivity and time efficiency, with all important data being available right away
- The EAN marking is laser printed on to the device, making identification quick and easy
- A wide range of compatible accessories can be purchased, making an ABB MCB a versatile choice, whatever your specific application need
- An indicator displays contact position and screws are captive to avoid loss
- A twin terminal allows for separate feeding of the conductor and busbar
What different types of MCB do ABB supply?
MCBs have various common types for circuit protection in household, industrial and UL applications. The MCB type determines the tripping characteristics of the device:
- Type A - a type A miniature circuit breaker is highly sensitive and trips instantaneously when the current reaches 2 to 3 times the rated current
- Type B - a type B MCB trips when the current is 3 to 5 times the rated current. Type B miniature circuit breakers are useful for purely resistive loads which have no inductance
- Type C - a type C miniature circuit breaker has an operating time of 0.04 to 5 seconds and operates for a current value of 5 to 10 times the rated current. They are used with inductive loads like fans, transformers and motors
- Type D - a type D MCB is suitable for very high inductive loads, has an operating time of 0.04 to 3 seconds and has a trip current of 10 to 20 times than the rated current
- Type K - a type K MCB is ideal for inductive loads which have a chance of high inrush currents and trip when the current reaches 8 to 12 times the rated current
- Type Z - a type Z miniature circuit breaker operates between 2 to 3 times the rated current and has an operating time of less than 0.1 second
An MCB is an intuitive device that can be used to replace fuses in low voltage electrical circuits as they are resettable, more sensitive and more reliable than a fuse. ABB offer a wide range of MCBs to cover most markets and applications. Their products are of certified quality and comply to worldwide product standards (IEC, UL, CSA).