M6 Threaded Inserts
An M6 threaded insert is a cylindrical tube-shaped metal fixing with an internal thread. They are inserted into an existing hole which provides a threaded receptacle so that screws, bolts, and other threaded fixings can be installed. M6 Threaded inserts are available in a range of fixing hole diameters and body depths to suit a variety of metalwork and panel building applications.
RS offer a range of high-quality M6 inserts from leading brands including AVK, Bollhoff, POP, and of course RS PRO.
How to fit a threaded insert
The first step is to drill, mill tap, or cut a hole of the recommended size into the material the insert will be embedded. The second step depends entirely on the type of insert, the material it will be used with, and how the insert will be fitted.
What material are M6 threaded inserts made of?
Our M6 inserts are available in brass, steel, or stainless steel (316 and 302 grade). Finishes can be plain, galvanized, or bright zinc plated.
- Threaded Inserts
- POP Galvanised 10.5mm diameter 9.6mm Depth 14.8mm
- RS PRO, M6 Brass Threaded Insert diameter 8mm Depth 12.7mm
- Böllhoff Plain 12mm diameter 9mm Depth 13.3mm
- AVK Plain 12.7mm diameter 10mm Depth 9.65mm
- POP Plain 9.8mm diameter 9mm Depth 14.3mm
- M6 Brass Threaded Insert, 8.7mm diameter 8mm Depth 12.7mm
- AVK Plain 11.56mm diameter 10mm Depth 9.65mm