Torque Sensing is used in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Torque Sensing is one of the most common, effective use of Strain Gauges used in industry today. It is popular as is effective, functions better, and is incredibly accurate.
RS Components offer an extensive selection of high-quality Torque Sensing from industry-leading brands including Gefran, Honeywell, I.E.E, and of course, RS PRO.
How does Torque Sensing work?
Torque Sensing is a process in which a Strain Gauge measures the torque or force of an item by uniquely converting torque into a change in electrical resistance which can then be measured. This is made possible by the Strain Gauge changing shape with the material it is measuring as the material will change shape when a force or load is imposed upon it.
Applications for Torque Sensing include:
- Automotive, marine and aerospace design
- Building and architecture, including bridge, weighbridges and tunnel construction
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Industrial engineering and weighing
- Torque measurement in motors, turbines, engines, fans, generators, wheels, and propellers
- Experimental stress analysis
They possess some key features including
- Extremely long life
- High efficiency
- Low power requirements
- Easy to install and maintain
- Safe and convenient
Browse the broad range of Torque Sensing RS Components have to offer and order today for next day delivery