- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
View all Sound Level Meters
189 In stock - FREE next working day delivery available
10 available from Europe for delivery within 1 working day(s).
- RS Stock No.:
- RS PRO
Legislation and Compliance
- COO (Country of Origin):
RS PRO RS-8852 Sound Level Meter with Datalogger
Introducing the RS PRO RS-8852 Sound Level Meter with Datalogger. This high-quality sound level meter allows for easy environmental noise measurement for noise and quality management. The built-in datalogger allows easy transfer and analysis of data at a later stage by using a USB cable and conforms to IEC61672-1 Class 2 standards. It is a fantastic noise measurement unit for accurate and high-quality sound measurements with a dynamic range from 30 dB to 130 dB. The frequency weighting from A to C helps manage sound levels for the human ear even when working in high decibel or frequency environments and it is suitable for use on a wide range of noise measuring applications.
Features and Benefits:
- This RS PRO sound level meter features a datalogging function that can store data for analysis at a later stage
- The large easy-to-read, backlit LCD display makes it easy to read the results, even when the meter is being used in poorly lit areas
- This meter offers 30 to 130 dB measurement in 5 ranges
- dB resolution, 50 dB dynamic range
- A and C frequency weightings
- Analogue output for connection to chart recorders, graphic recorders and other data logging systems for added versatility
- Battery-powered or external 9V DC input
- 30-hour battery life with auto-power off function after 15 mins of idle time
- Weight 350 g approximately, including battery, making it a perfect lightweight and portable unit
- Supplied with instruction manual, battery, screwdriver, Ø3.5mm earphone plug, software and USB cable for data transfer
A sound level meter is used for acoustic measurements. It is commonly a hand-held instrument with a microphone. The diaphragm of the microphone responds to changes in air pressure caused by sound waves. That is why the instrument is sometimes referred to as a Sound Pressure Level Meter. The decibel sound meter is an instrument used to measure the ambient sound level, such as sound level around factories, workshops, schools, residential, offices, road, audio, etc. It also can be appropriate for noise engineering, product quality control, health prevention, and treatment, etc. Sound level meters are most commonly used for:
- Sound level monitoring
- Addressing health issues
- Addressing safety issues
- Industrial environments
- Office environments
How does a Sound Level Meter work?
A sound level meter works by using a diaphragm inside the microphone that detects changes in air pressure caused by sound waves.
Why RS PRO?
RS PRO is our own brand range and brings you a wide range of high-quality, great value products offering you more choice. Trusted by engineers all over the world, every part of every RS PRO product has been rigorously tested against demanding industry standards; theyre only given the RS PRO seal of approval if were confident of their exceptional quality, which means you can be confident too.
- Do not store or operate the instrument at high temperature and high humidity environment
- When not in use for a long time, please remove the battery to avoid battery liquid leakage
- Keep the microphone dry and avoid severe vibration
|Maximum Sound Level||130dB|
|Minimum Sound Level||30dB|
|Accuracy Class||IEC 61672-1:2002 Class 2|
|Fast/Slow Time Averaging||Both|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||+40°C|
|Minimum Frequency||31.5 Hz|
|Model Number p||DT-8852|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||0°C|