Zerynth Edge Computing & Data Collection Workshop KIT-EWS-01-F016
- RS Stock No.:
- Mfr. Part No.:
- RS Stock No.:
- Mfr. Part No.:
Legislation and Compliance
The Industrial IoT Kit from Zerynth provides a complete hardware platform for developing industrial IoT applications with training from IoT experts, including 8 hours of on-demand lessons in English and Italian, 3 live one-on-one calls and 1 year of zCloud, which includes zDeviceManager device and data management software, data storage for IoT devices and bronze plan zDashboard.
The kit features an industrial 4ZeroBox IoT Core, industrial sensors and switches, and enclosures. 4ZeroBox is a modular hardware electronic unit for acquisition, monitoring and control of industrial machines that simplifies the development of Industrial IoT applications, allowing for rapid integration with sensors, actuators, and Cloud services.
What is the 4ZeroBox?
4ZeroBox mounts a powerful ESP32 Microcontroller by Espressif Systems (240MHz, 16Mb Flash, 512KB SRAM) and provides many onboard features like: a DIN-rail mountable case with industrial grade sensor channels, support for Wi-fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, LoRa, CAN, RS485, RS232, SD Card, JTAG, I2C, SPI; the crypto element ATECC608A from Microchip has been integrated to handle secure connections in an easy manner, exchanging certificates and keys, encrypting messages over TLS protocol and using secure authentication procedures.
- Carel passive NTC temperature probe - NTC015HP00
- Current Sensor - TT 50-SD
- RS485 Converter - USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT
- Reed switch and Reed Magnet - MMPSA 240/100
4ZeroBox lets the user choose the best installation strategy, adapting it to the specific industrial environment. While allowing to acquire data from the PLC via digital ports - filtering the data onboard to avoid bandwidth overload and waste of cloud resources - it also enables the installation and management of external sensors, for a full Industrial IoT experience.
The IoT 4ZeroBox is a versatile data acquisition unit designed to connect to both old and modern industrial machines as a machine-to-cloud interface. The Zerynth OS, a multithreaded real-time OS that supports Python and C programming, allows the 4ZeroBox to deploy IoT applications quickly. With the 4ZeroBox, any industrial machinery and equipment can join Industry 4.0.
Features and Benefits
- Analog and digital ports for connection to industrial sensors and PLC
- Expandable with mikroBUS add-on boards for multiple configurations
- Multi-connectivity such as GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LoRa, Ethernet
- Flash memory for storing data locally when disconnected
- Secure hardware encryption and block chain-ready
- 16 video workshop lectures to teach the different aspects of integrating and using Industry 4.0 machines.
- Includes all the hardware material for the hands-on section, where participants can work with the 4ZeroBox - a versatile data acquisition unit, programmable in hybrid Python/C.
- Each workshop participant can schedule 3 video calls with a Zerynth engineer to ask questions related to the training lessons or examples included in the workshop. Each call is around 30 minutes
What does the workshop include?
The workshop includes 16 video lectures, dedicated to the different aspects of integrating and using Industry 4.0 machinery.
It also includes all the hardware material for the hands-on section, where participants can work with the 4ZeroBox - Industrial IoT device for data acquisition, monitoring and control of industrial machines. Each workshop participant can schedule 3 video calls with a Zerynth engineer to ask questions related to the training lessons or examples included in the workshop. Each call is around 30 minutes.
The workshop also explains how to connect legacy and current machines to IoT infrastructure and get meaningful insights on the operations using trusted industrial tools and platforms. Additionally, the workshop discusses the fundamentals of the IoT Cloud service, communication protocols, edge computing, plus the best practices in applying over-the-air updates.
How do I access the workshop material?
|Kit Name||Edge Computing & Data Collection|