Slot drills are drill tips designed to be used with general machine applications. Slot drills are also known as slot mills and are generally a two fluted and flat-ended double-cutting tool with two radial cutting edges opposed to each other. Each slot drill is highlighted by reinforced end teeth for reduced chipping and complete durability. Slot Drills are available in HSS, cobalt and carbide for increased durability. With various cut lengths and shank types, there is sure to be a suitable version for your needs.
Where Slot Drills are typically used?
Slot drills are a type of milling cutters distinguished from the drill bit in its application, geometry, and manufacture. While a drill bit can only cut in the axial direction, milling or slot drills bit can generally cut in all directions, though some cannot cut axially. They are typically used in:
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 14mm Cut Diameter
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 1/4in Cut Diameter
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 11mm Cut Diameter
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 1/2in Cut Diameter
- RS PRO Screwed Slot Drill, 4mm Cut Diameter
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 1/8in Cut Diameter
- Dormer Plain Slot Drill, 1/16in Cut Diameter
- Slot Drill, 63 mm