Linear Slide Rails
Linear slide rails are necessary for motion mechanisms and structures where larger load capacity relative to size dimensions are required. Linear motion bearings provide free motion in a single direction via a linear slide rail or guide rail system. The movement is either motorised powered by a drive mechanism or manually driven by hand.
What are linear slide rails used for?
Linear rails can accommodate a variety of linear motion bearings. These rails offer accuracy, compactness, and rigidness along with extended durability due to their steel makeup.
Linear slide rails are suitable for a variety of industrial applications such as, packaging/wrapping machines, labelling machines, automation and robot spray equipment. They also have the added benefit of low friction attributes. Slide systems are able to operate within a wide temperature range.
What types of linear rails are there?
- Roller linear guides provide a large line contact area for higher load carrying capacity with minimal friction
- Ball linear slides are for precision contact and prevent misalignment errors
- Profile linear guides are versatile, being compatible with a variety of machinery designs
- Micro linear slides are miniature guidance systems and are ideal for small designs and precision equipment
- V-guide linear systems are durable and work well for high duty manufacturing machinery