Over 50 years ago in 1962, named after his ancestral village in Lithuania, funded by a loan from his cousin Alfred P. Slaner, Dr. Felix Zandman found Vishay. Originally manufacturing of foil resistors and foil resistance strain gages the company diversified in 1985 through a number of strategic acquisitions to develop a broad portfolio of electronic components.
Through continued research and acquisitions, Vishay has become one of the world's largest manufacturers of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components. Recent acquisitions include:
- Capella Microsystems
- Holy Stone Polytech
- MCB Industrie
- HiRel Systems
- Huntington Electric: Resistor businesses
- KEMET: Wet tantalum capacitor business
- International Rectifier: PCS business
As a global company, Vishay has manufacturing plants in the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Israel, as well as sales offices worldwide offering a wide number of product types:
- Semiconductors: MOSFETs, ICs, Diodes and rectifiers; Optoelectronics.
- Passive Components: Resistors; Inductors & other magnetics and Capacitors.
With next day delivery of products direct from stock, Vishay Intertechnology and RS Components have a comprehensive range of semiconductors and passive components for every application.
Dr. Felix-Zandman-Platz 1 Selb95100GermanyTel: +(49) 09287710 Web: https://www.vishay.com/home/home-en.html
• MOSFET modules and transistors -
including the SiC530 30A
VRPower® integrated power stage
with a 45% reduction in size over
• High current density surface
mount rectifiers, very low
profile with Trench MOS Schottky
• Transient voltage suppressors -
low profile, low leakage current
and very fast response time.