Founded in 1938, the company became known as Molex having begun making flowerpots out of an industrial byproduct plastic of the same name. They then started making connectors for General Electric and similar appliance manufacturers.
Headquartered in Lisle, Illinois in the United States of America, Molex employs more than 35,000 people across the world. It is currently run as a subsidiary to Koch Industries following its acquisition in September 2013.
Today, Molex manufactures over 100,000 products, primarily electronic connectors but also ranging from electrical and fiber optic solutions, switches and application tooling. Their main product areas include:
- Sockets/Edge cards
- Cable Assemblies
- Optical Fiber Connectors
Several significant acquisitions including Woodhead Industries in 2006 has broadened Molex's offer to serve engineers and product designers in a breadth of industries, such as aerospace and defence, automotive, alternative energy source, consumer and home appliances, data/computing, industrial automation, medical, mobile devices, solid state lighting, telecommunications and networking.
The range of Molex products available from RS Components now exceeds 5000 parts and continues to expand to include both new to market products and existing ranges, available direct from stock for next day delivery.
3 The Millennium Centre Crosby WayFarnhamSurreyGU9 7XXUnited KingdomTel: +(44) 01252720720 Web: http://www.molex.com/
• One-piece plug housing and seal design preventing fluid ingress (IP68 rating)
• Rear seals made from HCR (high consistency rubber)
• Plug and receptacle housings pre-assembled with internal HCR rear seals locked-in by rear covers
• Uses Molex’s proven XRC™ terminals with current ratings up to 13.0A
• Range includes standard, mini and bottom entry Lite-Trap™
• Low profile design - ideal for thin LED lighting-module applications
• User-friendly push-button latch
• Dual-contact gate-style terminal design enabling secure electrical contact and electrical contact assurance
• Easy wire removal
• Point-to-point single-row configurations for PicoBlade™
• Built using UL1061 discrete wires
• Provides ease of design, prototyping and production
• Pin-to-pin map configurations reduces the need to design the cable layout
• Uses small-pitch PicoBlade™ receptacles with friction lock