ABB founded in 1883 is a multinational corporation with its headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. With heavy focus in robotics and power and automation technology areas. A market leader in power and automation technologies, ABB enable utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. Operations are organized into five sub divisions, which in turn are made up of specific business units focused on particular industries and product categories:
- Power Products - the world’s largest supplier of transformers and recently developed the highest-voltage direct current (DC) transformer ever
- Power Systems - pioneered High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) technology nearly 60 years ago and has more than half of the world’s installed base
- Discrete Automation and Motion - the world’s largest supplier of industrial electric motors and drives
- Low Voltage Products - ships over 1 million products to customers worldwide every day
- Process Automation - delivered the world’s first power-from-shore solution for an offshore rig
The ABB Group operates in 100 countries and employs over 140,000 staff emembers with a turnover of 40 billion USD (2014). With an annual investment of circa 1.5 billion USD into product research and development, the company employs 8,500 technologists in more than 20 countries. ABB is recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the world’s top 100 innovators.
In 2014 the company introduced YuMi, the world’s first robot for full collaboration with humans. In 2014 the company filed more patent applications in Europe than any other company.
ABB and RS Components offer a broad range of Automation products for industrial applications including; Contactors, Industrial Switches, AC Motors and Motor Drives to mention a few, whilst also working together to bring new and innovative products to market for next day delivery.
ABB Ltd Affolternstrasse 44ZurichCH-8050SwitzerlandTel: +(41) 0433177111 Web: http://www.abb.com/